California Automatic Fire Alarm Association (CAFAA)Annual Conference (since 1970)
52nd ANNUAL CONFERENCE
February 2nd– February 5th, 2022
Palm Springs, California
*Education * Information *Networking *Exhibits
Presidential Reception (Feb 2, 2022)
2022 CAFAA Annual Conference and Meeting (Feb 3 & Feb 4, 2022)
California Fire Prevention Officer’s Meeting
CAFAA/Fire Prevention Officer’s Joint Luncheon (Feb 3, 2022)
Industry Speakers and Presentations (Feb 3 & Feb 4, 2022)
Product Exhibition and Reception with Vendors (Feb 4, 2022)
Spouse/Guest Event (Feb 3, 2022)
CAFAA’s General Meeting (Feb 4, 2022)
CAFAA’s Bill Fitchie Memorial Golf Tournament (February 5, 2022)
Click for TITLE Page
Click for REGISTRATION INFO. FOR ATTENDEES & EXHIBITORS
Click for PRGRAM & SCHEDULE
Click for SPONSORSHIP PACKAGES & CONFERENCE FEES
Click for fillable REGISTRATION FORM
Click for fillable GOLF REGISTRATION FORM
Click for 6-PAGE CONFERENCE PACKAGE
Click here to RESERVE A HILTON HOTEL ROOM @ the Conference-Guaranteed Rate of $189/night
NOTE: you will receive an message that there are no more rooms; that is only true for a stay that includes Friday Feb 4. Rooms for that night are sold-out. However, there are rooms from Jan 30-Feb 3 (checking out on Feb 4).
To reserve a room, click the link above. You will see a message 'Unfortunately, this room block is sold out. For alternate rooms and rate, please click here.
Click on the 'click here' link. On the landing page, at the top of the page, click on the 'Edit Stay'. At that point, you can select your desired check-in and check-out dates (excluding a check-out date of Feb 4).
PALM SPRINGS COVID MANDATES
HOW THEY AFFECT YOU and WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
The City of Palm Springs will have two COVID-19 mandates in place, which will impact you as an attendee of the Feb. 02-05, 2022, CAFAA Annual Conference event. These mandates also apply to your attending spouse or significant other.
1) Masks are required in all indoor areas of the hotel, i.e., lobby, hallways, meeting rooms, etc. except when eating or drinking.
2) The City of Palm Springs ‘Local Emergency Supplementary Order Regarding Proof of Vaccination Status, or Negative COVID-19 Test for Indoor Dining at Bars and Restaurants’ (August 26, 2021), will be in effect for our event.
This Order requires Bars and Restaurants to require Proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test from patrons who will be removing their face coverings to eat or drink indoors.
We will have 3 indoor eating events. The Hilton Hotel requires Proof of Full Vaccination or if you are unvaccinated, they will require written evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken on or after 8am on Jan 31, 2022 if checking into the conference on Feb 03, 2022.
PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION includes:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or WHO Yellow Card), which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last date administered.
- A photo or photocopy of a Vaccination Record Card
- A photo of the person’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device if providing this in person
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider, or
- A digital record that includes a QR code that, when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader, displays to the reader the client’s name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type, if providing it in person.
VACCINATION EXEMPTION: you are exempt from the vaccination requirement of the Order by providing to the bar/restaurant one of the following:
- A statement (which may be verbal) that you have declined the COVID-19 vaccination based on religious belief, or
- A statement (which may be verbal) that you are excused due to a medical reason. You do not need to state the underlying medical condition or disability, only the fact that there is a qualifying medical reason.
IF YOU ARE UNVACCINATED, whether based on either Exemption above, or for any other reason, you must provide written evidence to the bar/restaurant of a negative COVID-19 test.
NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST includes:
Negative SARS-CoV-2 test, either PCR or Antigen testing. Any PCR or antigen test used must either have Emergency Use Authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or be operating per the Laboratory Developed Test requirements by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
IN ADVANCE OF THE CONFERNECE:
If you are vaccinated or are Exempt from the Vaccination requirement, you can provide Proof of Full Vaccination or an Exemption Statement, in advance of the event. A special sticker will be affixed to your badge which notes that you have confirmed your status.
Send to email@example.com , by 5pm Friday, January 28, 2022
For Exempt attendees: print, complete and sign the ‘Covid Vaccination and Exemption Confirmation’.
For Vaccinated attendees: send your Proof of Full Vaccination.
AT THE START OF THE CONFERENCE:
To receive a sticker, if you do not have one on your badge at Check-In:
Provide the Hotel with either your Vaccination Card or an Exemption Statement.
If un-vaccinated, provide the Hotel with written evidence of a Negative COVID-19 test result taken on or after 8am on Jan 31,2022 if checking into the conference on Feb. 03, 2022.
No refunds will be made if you do not provide the information required by these COVID-19 mandates
The sticker will be used by the Hotel to identify those who have provided the Mandate information. You will need a sticker on your badge to eat indoors, to enter our meeting and/or Exhibitor rooms.
The City of Palm Springs is scheduled to re-review their Order at the Jan. 27, 2022 Council meeting. We will keep you informed of any changes that might occur before that date.
Both the Hilton Hotel and CAFAA wish to make and keep this event safe for all of our attendees; please help to make it so.